Pages

Thursday 11 June 2015

The Maori Battalion

The Maori Battalion
The Maori Battalion “Haere e tama ma. Haere me te whakaaro ki te pupuri i te rongo toa a o tatou tipuna. Kia wehi ki whakaaro kite pupuri i te rongo toa a o tatou tipuna. Kia wehiki te Atua. Whakahonoretia te kingi.” After hearing those words I’m pumped to go out there, just thinking about what we were going to do in the battle field. It’s going to be different shooting a gun then swinging around a patu. What will we do when we get there, hopefully the pakeha don’t make us dig tunnels. We better do the haka to scare the enemy off. How long is it till were at Egypt i’m getting seasick. Ko Mikaera is making lunch, what a hard job that will be making us 500 men lunch. The thing I hate about all of this is I hate loud noises, So this will be hell for my ears. I miss Papa, Nana, Mama and the family. Koro was selected for the war too so I have him. I can not wait to go home if I can. I want new clothes for when my other’s get bloody. Finally were here now we have to unload and get ready to dig tunnels, I hate pakeha. Ok now I need to line up with the rest of the soldiers to do the haka, we better scare the enemy’s socks off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment